1. I really miss being able to upload and share the photos I am learning to take on my new camera. In fact, we were all set to buy me a new computer last weekend but I got cold feet at the last second wondering laptop or desktop and waffling so much I just gave up and postponed the shopping trip. Either way I am going on Friday and will let you know what I decided to buy. I welcome any advice. (fyi ~ I am definitely getting a Mac and switching from PC for the past 20+ years to Mac is exhilarating and scary too.)
2. In light of said photo problems I am really enjoying Instagram and Flickr. Other people's everyday photos are so inspiring and oddly comforting.
3. In two weeks that boy turns 10. Wow - my first double digit child. I heard Dr. Kevin Lehman say that he considers kids 11 to 18 to be teenagers today because kids are growing up so much faster. In that case I better soak up the next year with my still "little" boy!
4. In two weeks and two days this boy turns 9. Again, wow. As you can imagine, we are deciding what to do for birthday parties this year. Last year was super small and low-key and we all loved it. This year they want to play laser tag. Hmmm. Must decide and soon.
5. I'm thinking of joining this book club but I have already committed to this one. Oh and my in-real-life book club is reading this book. Can I possibly do all three? If I unplug more often I think I could.
6. The weather has been so mild this winter. It has me wondering what may lie in store for Spring and Summer storms.
7. I just loved this post so much I had to share it here for you to enjoy. The Winter From the Top Of A Swing by Elizabeth Foss. Sometimes I feel she speaks for me about slowness, quiet, creativity and how to do these things in the midst of real life.
8. Ash Wednesday is February 22. Easter Sunday is April 8. I really love Lent. Two years ago I gave up Facebook and it was marvelous. (I have never really gone back.) Maybe this year it will be something else electronic like Twitter or iPhone? Must think(and listen) on this.
9. What are you going to make for Superbowl Sunday? Here's our plan.
10. And lastly, here's a beautiful quotation that has stuck with me the past few days.
"There are people who take the heart out of you, and there are people who put it back." ~Elizabeth David
I know which type I would rather be.