The numbers below correspond to the numbers in the upper left corner of each photo.
1. I had the pleasure of spending a few hours with my dear friend at Panera for coffee talk. Their new soup - Lemon Chicken Orzo - has had me daydreaming of either going back soon or better yet, trying to replicate the recipe at home.
2. Knee-high by the 4th of July? This corn field in Pennsylvania was more like shoulder high. Nothing says summer to me like wide-open spaces loaded with corn crops. Can't wait for the sweet corn on the cob my son ZJ loves so much.
3. My iPhone. When I sat down for coffee with my friend I said (with a twinkle in my eye), "I have a new baby." She looked shocked until I revealed my new phone. In full disclosure, I used to scoff at the idea of having a "smart phone" but I am a complete convert to the club. It. is. simply. amazing. By the end of lunch she was determined to get one too!
Here are my favorite apps by far:
HomeRoutines - List-lovers take note. If you have struggled to find a way to organize the daily/weekly/monthly home care routines this is the app for you.
Dragon Dictation - Record yourself speaking and send as an email or text. Brilliant and easy!
Camera+ - Takes photos rapidly and then allows you to edit them like a pro.
ABCWildlife - This toddler-tuned app was a life-saver while waiting in long lines while sight-seeing this summer. My three year old can fully operate it himself. (I even resorted to using it in church last weekend until he accidentally turned the volume back on treating all around us to the Beach Boys singing Surfin Safari! Oops!) It has wonderful photos of animals and links to child-safe videos from you-tube of those animals in action. KC's favorites are Parakeet and Polar Bear.
YouVersion Bible - Choose any translation of the Bible you like and then select a program for reading through the Bible. Everyday you will receive a short verse and message related to the topic of your choice. Right now I am reading through the parenting topic. It even has an audio option so you can listen to the verses being read aloud while you drive.
4. The eldest and youngest "brudders" sharing a a delicious summer drink on our vacation.
5. One of the best feelings in the world is a completely cleaned out, wiped down and re-organized fridge. You should try it! Total mental clarity at dinnertime.
6. Remember Big League Chew? We found it in the dollar spot at Target. So soft and great for blowing the kind of bubbles that pop and stick to your nose.
7. Have I mentioned I hired two new cleaning laddies? No - that was not a typo. I am referring to my nine and eight year old sons who work for free! They are officially taking over some of the big time chores I
Happily sharing my 7 Quick Takes Here
MY fridge is newly clean too WWWWWWHHHHEEEEEE! (can you tell I am happy- it was so awful, I didn't even want to open it)ReplyDelete
Thank God for baby steps
Great looking fridge! My idea of a clean fridge is one with food in it! I grocery shopping. I managed to go today with the 3 boys, despite my cold. Go me!ReplyDelete
Great photos of life in your world...wish I could be there to be converted to the iphone :) and have that yummy soup. I will look forward to your rendition of the recipe. H2U!ReplyDelete
I love my smart phone too! I have a droid. I was able to find an app with the daily office! :)ReplyDelete
Love the idea of free cleaning ladies...or young men!