Last Tuesday I posted my take on having a Summer Bucket List. I chose to call my list a Summer Opportunities List so as to relieve any pressure from checking each and every item off the list.
I suggested seven QUIET activities, one of which was Stations. My boys worked through eight stations, spending 15 minutes at each one and we all loved it so much it is permanently on our Monday afternoon schedule.
Here's how we did it:
1. I chose a different location of the house for each activity.
2. On a colored note card at each station I wrote the task for that station.
3. Before we began I laid out all materials needed for each task so they were ready to go.
4. We used a loud timer and set it when everyone was ready to begin.
5. Each child had a separate note card detailing the order of the stations and what they could look forward to doing at each stop.
6. Two stations included snacks. :)
The photo shows the note card list of our stations. Letters of Love means they had to write a letter to a family member far away describing their summer so far.
Overall it took three solid hours to complete these stations due to first-time logistics and mini breaks. I can't recommend this idea enough! Thanks again Kara for the suggestion!
Note: Today is the official first day of Summer and also the longest day of the year. Don't forget to let the kids stay up late to watch the sunset tonight!